If ever you have a choice please do not even consider Humana. As a healthcare provider, I can tell you that Humana intentionally delays payment of claims, pays very little for the provided service, and threats their physicians and nurses as strictly "hired help".

Recently they hired one of the least respected medical oncologists as their Chief Medical Officer Roy Beveridge. As many people within the medical oncology community will attest, Beveridge was considered dishonest, concerned only with his own financial gains, caring very little for his patients when he actually cared for patients. Throughout his career he was always associated with those organizations (T squared, US Oncology, etc) that would maximize his own financial rewards. Realizing that there is very little to be made by caring for patients, he is now helping Humana figure out how to maximize their profits at the expense of patients and providers. He will only continue to maximize his own financial interests at the expense of good care. Please do not believe what you read in Humana's statement regarding his role - he most definitely does not speak for providers. When he left US Oncology for this position, physicians within US Oncology were most eager to see him go!

Had an Experience with Humana?

Comments

Hole In One International - US Hole in One Ardmore Pennsylvania Hole In One International "This company hires part time High School and College students to slander and libel others when all along they are the culprits in a game about sports promotions. they use..." Read more Encompass Insurance - Encompass insured ticketted for causing accident. Encompass denies claim! Encompass Insurance "9/17/14 at 1245 PM. Encompass insured driver in a Jeep Grand Cherokee made a lane change without checking to see if a vehicle was next to her. I was in..." Read more Go to Texas Medical Asso. you must see this about HUMANA Humana "if you are getting "screwed" by any Insurance, you have to check this out at Least (almost) 10 Insurance companies "settled", out of court (I Believe), Humana for 250 Million..." Read more Molina Healthcare - At least they have a sense of humor Molina Healthcare "Oooooooookay. I jumped through hoops w them for over a month before finally talking a panel of strangers into covering a clinical trial route that is my legit only option*,..." Read more Poor customer service and lacking honesty in sales by Kissvivi Kissvivi "I purchased $195+ USD of Tee Tops from Kissvivi. First issue was "Buy 2, Get 3rd free." I was refunded some of that money. So I still paid $153+ USD...." Read more CCC Information Services - Bad Customer Service CCC Information Services "I have been using CCC for 20 years, in the beginning they were a great company but as they became bigger and bigger that's when things changed for the worse...." Read more Walmart - BUG IN MY "WASHED AND READY TO EAT" SPINACH Walmart "After a morning, which led to a rather warm afternoon, I decided that I would purchase my greens from my local Walmart, as to prevent heat induced wilting. My local..." Read more Thrifty Propane - Problem with delivery driver's capabilities and Thrifty's no response attitude. Thrifty Propane "I have, for the last 2 years, had a delivery driver that either can't backup the truck properly or simply doesn't care where he puts it. The first episode was..." Read more