Humana - Review about Disability Insurance

Unfortunately I have Humana PPO Disability.Before choosing Humana, I called and listed the services that my condition requires and was assured that they would be covered - that was untrue.

My Dr's request pre-authorization for all of my visits because they seldom receive payment - it does them little good. I figure a picture is worth 1000 words so attached is a photo of the "paid claims" on my most recent statement.

I am filing a complaint with NC Dept of Insurance and Medicare and recommend others do the same.Sick people should not have to deal with this and Dr's should be paid for their services!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Product or service
Disability Insurance
Review category
review #538341

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Humana? Submit review ›
Helpful? 3 Yes 3 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Aug 09 #1196954 Alexander City, Alabama

I'm confused. Does Humana have disability insurance to pay you if you are admitted or is this a health insurance plan thru Medicare for insuring you because you are on SSI or SSD disability? I have Humana PPO Medicare Advantage Plan from SSD disability. When they first called me, we went over the list of my drs. They said all my drs. were in their plan except one. After I got the plan, I found out they lied. Not even the hospital in town is a part of Humana PPO. I'll definitely be changing plans this fall.

0 0 Reply

Sep 24, 2014 #874950 Zebulon, North Carolina

Just in case it's difficult to read the photo I attached:
Amount providers billed: $18,117.35; Plan's Share: $2,118.37; My Share: $562.09; evidently my copays are not considered in "My Share" so I have paid more than Humana and my Dr's are being robbed.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Humana. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Humana.
Filing a new complaint about