Featured on Google+ Not resolved

Unfortunately I have Humana PPO Disability.Before choosing Humana, I called and listed the services that my condition requires and was assured that they would be covered - that was untrue.

My Dr's request pre-authorization for all of my visits because they seldom receive payment - it does them little good. I figure a picture is worth 1000 words so attached is a photo of the "paid claims" on my most recent statement.

I am filing a complaint with NC Dept of Insurance and Medicare and recommend others do the same.Sick people should not have to deal with this and Dr's should be paid for their services!

Review about: Disability Insurance.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Humana?

Comments

Alexander City, Alabama, United States #1196954

I'm confused.Does Humana have disability insurance to pay you if you are admitted or is this a health insurance plan thru Medicare for insuring you because you are on SSI or SSD disability?

I have Humana PPO Medicare Advantage Plan from SSD disability. When they first called me, we went over the list of my drs. They said all my drs. were in their plan except one.

After I got the plan, I found out they lied.

Not even the hospital in town is a part of Humana PPO.I'll definitely be changing plans this fall.

R3dh3ad
Zebulon, North Carolina, United States #874950

Just in case it's difficult to read the photo I attached:

Amount providers billed: $18,117.35; Plan's Share: $2,118.37; My Share: $562.09; evidently my copays are not considered in "My Share" so I have paid more than Humana and my Dr's are being robbed.