Update by user Jun 24

The poorly run company finally updated the information in their computer eight (8) weeks after being contacted. They did not contact us, but we found out thru the pharmacy it was corrected.

I mailed a complaint letter to them, using their form and procedure, almost three weeks ago, but no response again.

Needless to say, they won't be our insurance company next year, even if I have to pay double. This company, in my opinion, deserves to fail and go out of business.

Original review posted by user May 09

On April 14 of this year, Humana decided to declare to world that I had passed away. This was after I contacted the office to let them know of my wife passing in Feb.

They sent letters of condolences and said they would draw premiums until May. While dealing with the estate I found from the local bank I was declared dead. The tidal wave started. They had contacted everyone including social security.

No social security payments, no medicare, unable to bank, etc. Called the company, they said it would take 14 days to correct mistake on their end, but they are not responsible to contact anyone else. 14 days to correct their mistake! I will be sure to tell everyone I know how poor of a company they are.

They did acknowledge the mistake was made by them. Now hours of time will be spent by me to correct denied doctor bills, and proving I am alive and well. Also they said I needed to contact them after 14 days to make sure it had been corrected.

Is this a well run company? I think not!

Product or Service Mentioned: Humana Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Take care of my problem right away and apologize!.

Comments