Humana promotional materials to not make it clear what the working definition of "in-network" is.The materials indicate that your primary physican can refer to to any specialist in the Humana Provider directory.
My eye surgeon is in the Humana book. However my eye surgeon is not a member of the medical office that my PCP is. My PCP is with Dupage Medical Group, a group of over 300 doctors. My PCP and/or his business office refuses to give me a referral to any doctor outside of their DMG group.
I had known about these restrictions prior to signing up I would have choose a different provider.
Either a PPO plan with Humana or maybe Blue Cross. This is incomplete information. I had no way of determining this in advance.
Humana should be sanctioned by Medicare and pay penalties.They should be required work with all those impacted to make sure they can see the doctor of their choice.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Humana Gold Plus Medicare Advantage
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "DO NOT purchase Web Watcher iOS to monitor you kids iPod usage. Their screenshots of the features were misleading and made it look like it records "everything", but it..."
- "My husband bought me a bracelet in December of 2013 with about 6 charms. Within one week, one rhinestone from the link locket fell out along with a single rhinestone..."
- "On Sept. 21st, 2013 @ 4pm I rented a truck from Menards to pick up siding that I had special ordered. I went to the store to pick it up..."
- "The contractor by name James Divino of Lombard, IL provided a quote to finish our basement for $7,600. He completed 30% of the work and somehow managed to get..."
- "I should have know better, but I didn't realize it was coming from china, my husband and I are renewing our vows on valentines day which is our anniversary. I..."
- "So I ordered live turtles from this company. It was priority overnight shipping which I paid $45 for. It is in my city right now but there is a..."
- "I had a call from National Tipster around August 2013, the sales person was courteous. A few days later I received a UPS package. I paid $250 to them and..."
- "Plain and simple, I order a bouquet online on a Monday for a Wednesday delivery for a birthday. My mother's birthday to be exact. On Wednesday, THE DAY..."
- "Ordered something and they told me they screwed up my order and asked me to reject the item when it comes to my house and they will issue me a..."