BEWARE HUMANA WALMART PREFERRED PLAN

104 of 130 Humana Reviews

On 12.17.12 I paid $37.99 for Erythrocin Stearate 250mg 30 tabs under Humana Walmart Preferred Plan at Rite Aid Pharmacy.On 1.18.13, I had to refill the prescription and was charged by the same Pharmacy $75.11.

The pharmacist called Humana and was told Humana increased the cost for the drug for the Walmart Preferred Plan. I called Humana 3 times and was on hold for 65 minutes. Customer service is a disaster and I was disconnected twice. There is no fax number or email to contact Humana, only a telephone number that is insufficient to handle the complaints.

I finally got a supervisor, Seth, who said Humana increased the out of pocket payment to me because the drug increased BUT HE COULD NOT PROVIDE ANY no documentation of the increase. I was told now I must pay more for drugs than before as Humana does not provide the discounts as before. Humana is deceptive and does not disclose the increases in out of pocket expenses to the consumer. I would not have renewed for 2013 If I knew Humana would not give a discount on drugs and now I have a huge increase in out of pocket expenses.

This issue is about Humana’s refusal to honor the discounted drug prices as before.I would never have renewed this drug plan if Humana disclosed its new pricing policy that I never was informed of.

d682c3d review #380038
7 Helpful? 1
Had the same issue0 Comments2 Report
104 of 130 Humana Reviews
Had an experience with Humana?  Submit review about this company
judster

Mar 21, 2013 Billings, Montana

it is beyond me how humana stays in business. you should see how they treat the seniors. i am still fighting.
good luck

0 0 Reply
LadyScot

Jan 30, 2013 Naples, Florida

January 1st your insurance fiscal year changed. What you paid in 2012 is no longer valid. Drug prices fluctuate by the manufacturer and no pharmacy can control the price. Some will eat the cost of some to give you a break so that you will fill your more expensive ones there. But no pharmacy can afford to give away all their meds.

Many price changes have come down in the pharmacy and OTC department so far this year. Inflation sucks, and everyone feels it. If you had any other insurance you would feel the same increase, maybe not this particular drug, but on others.

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Humana.
Filing a new complaint about
×